JTAG SVF Player for
FORTE programmers is used for programming the components with JTAG interface - devices which can be programmed using the .SVF or .XSVF file - for example:
- CPLD - Xilinx (XC95xx, CoolRunner, ...), Altera, Lattice and others
- FPGA Configuration Memories - Xilinx (XC18Vxx, XCFxxS) and similar types by other vendors
- FPGAs - this is suitable especially during development because the FPGA internal SRAM programming takes much less time
than programming of the configuration Flash memory
- Atmel MCUs with the JTAG interface (e.g. ATmega)
- ...and other ICs with the JTAG interface which you use or you plan to use
Note: However, there are various devices (e.g. ARM MCUs) which have an interface which looks like JTAG from the hardware point of view but which uses a different communication protocol than standard JTAG. Such parts are NOT supported by JTAG SVF Player.
(executable installer, 1 098 832 B)
(executable installer, 1 098 328 B)
ASIX JTAG SVF PLAYER end user license agreement
The JTAG SVF PLAYER software is not a standalone product, it is an integral part of programmers made by ASIX s.r.o.
It can be installed on any computer where some of ASIX programmers will be used.
The software can be used free of charge.
Legitimate user of ASIX programmers is allowed to download the JTAG SVF PLAYER software updates free of charge from ASIX' website.
User may not modify, reverse engineer or sell the software. The software may not be used with products of other manufacturers.
The software is provided "as is", without any warranty that it is error-free.
Ver. 3.05: (2016-12-12)
- There are new Open and Play items in the Windows pop-up menu which is shown when a .SVF file has been clicked.
- The link leading to the PRESTO and FORTE web manuals has been updated.
Ver. 3.04: (2014-11-25)
Program crashed if the .SVF file did not end by an empty line and the last line was a comment.
Ver. 3.03: (2013-12-11)
- Complete remake of JTAG Player settings.
- Changed philosophy of RUNTEST command execution.
- Considered iMPACT errata
AR# 20140 and
- Added option to change behavior of RUNTEST commands with <1000 TCK and ≥1000 TCK.
Ver. 3.02: (2013-11-18)
- Default settings for XC9500 devices changed.
- The FORTE programmer: Pulldown has been added to the TDO pin; TCK and TDI outputs return to log.0 idle value.
Ver. 3.01: (2013-05-09)
A function SelectAnyPresto has been added - in case that a programmer has been selected neither in a .INI file nor by a "-s" command line parameter, that PRESTO or FORTE programmer is used which has been found as a first one by a software.
Ver. 3.0: (2012-06-15)
Final version 3.0. Help has been moved to external User's Guide, added buttons for quick parameter setup of most frequently used device families.
Ver. 3.0rc1: (2011-11-16)
Change in XSVF format algorithm - it was unable to program some Xilinx XC95xx devices by an algorithm described in the Xilinx specification, it was necessary to modify the algorithm according the real behavior of Xilinx development tools. Added support of the FORTE programmer which will be introduced to the market in near future.
Bug fixes (e.g. inadvertent reset of the XRUNTEST in XSVF).
Improved waiting. We recommend to use slow clock on TCK option in the RUNTEST without run_count parameter.
Linux support added.
Added a command line parameter "-s" to select the PRESTO with particular serial number in systems where multiple PRESTO
programmers are connected simulaneously. Serial number format is either "001234" or "1234". Fixed problem with read-only .INI file.
Improved programming speed. Bug fixes.
Improved. Fixed support of extremely long commands.
Fixed problem with international number formats.